Skip to main content

Vegmas 2014

Our main goal was to get out of the rain so we could skate. Vegas it is! For $400 each you can't really go wrong. The weather is like Vancouver fall weather. It is warmer during the day and cools off at night. The pool is open and 80 degrees but your face is a bit cold if it is out of the pool. It is perfect skate weather and this is the first time we have been able to really walk around Vegas comfortably.

How was the flight? This was our first flight with a seat for the boy. That was a lot better. Although he did sit on my lap for the last forty five minutes or so. He still can't sit and be distracted by one thing for a long time. So, it is constant work to entertain and distract him. He did good - but I wouldn't have wanted to be on that plane much longer. He was worse in the car on the drive to Bellingham. 

Let's talk about Bellingham... or Ferndale. Would I park my car in this lot again (I-5 Park and Fly $2/day + $15 cab ride)? Maybe - depends on the length of the trip. I prefer to fly from Vancouver - no parking! 

What did I forget? I brought the wrong phone charger. I was so tired at 5:30am after the dance show night I packed the Ipad charger instead of my phone charger. I have been so busy since Whistler that my left eye has been twitching. I am hoping this little vacation will release some of that stress. 

We have been here since this time yesterday and so far, it has been amazing. We have had beers and appys, we have swam twice, and we went on a long walk and skate this morning before nap time. Now, of course it is nap time. Blog time :-)
 Selfie! (Not really - but looks like it) 




 Woo hoo!! 
 Up down - up down

 Up down - up down! 


Evening swim :-) 
First beer since Whistler!! It was so yummy!! 
 Birds

 Hello? 
 Mommy's new shoes!! Thank-you Jonnycakes! 
 Skating near pyramids and gold buildings. 

The next couple of days... Monday was super nice and hot!!






 Up - Down!

 40's!!! 
 FaceTime
 Simpsons and raviolis
 Plugged in child - not sure how we feel about this. 
 But it worked! 
 He is out!! 
 Which means we made it to the Pirate ship. 

 Simpsons? He can't believe it - Homer! 



 Up - Down
 Dippin' chicken - this sauce was not a winner - take it out!! 




 Trying to open the door with the key card... wrong side.. but almost? 

 Up - Down!!



 WOO HOO!



 Christmas Tree
 Ice cream mess



 Good shirt for Vegas


Aquarium - Sharks and Santa - at Mandalay Bay - This is the first time we have brought the boy to an Aquarium. He loved looking at the fish. WOW!
















 He was scared of Santa - he liked Homer a whole lot better. 
 Christmas tree - the boy liked the red ball - Christmas ornament. 

 Jonny's did you get that picture face is cute :-) 




 I hope this is the closest my little surfer will ever get to a shark! 
I guess I am going to have to bring my kid to the Galapagos one day - he would love it.


The Fancy Dinner Date: 


The boy took a couple of selfies.



 Hipster son
 CRAB! Crab cakes is happy - I mean Jonny Cakes ;-)
I had to take a selfie... don't I look pretty? 
FUN DUNGEON at the Excalibur
 Fun Dungeon balls.

He looks like he is chilling - but he sat like this for two seconds. Did I mention that my eye is still twitching? I have a new name for it: The Two Year Twitch or the Twitchie Twos.

Christmas Eve and Christmas















 Taking a break






CARS!!!!













 Here we go - Airplane time
 Bye bye skate spot - we will search again next time! 


 Blaine - border - almost home. 
 Grandma and Grandpa's rocking horse. 
 Laya's old Barbie camper is still one of the boy's favourites. 
 The boy took a picture of dad with the Ipad. 
 Back home on Boxing day and playing with new cars :-) 


He missed Bear!

Vegmas Video Clips: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Dreaming Summer 2023

VIDEO LINK: Video PHOTO ALBUM LINK:  Photo Album

Ankle Day 13

It costs 30 000Rp for half an hour to use the computer at this hotel! I pay like 2 000 back by my old place. It bugs me that it is so expensive... but I guess I am paying for convenience. I am stuck. I can't run away and I can't do what I want when I want. I am dependent on other people and it is great that I have those people.. but I am so independent.. that it is ... sucking in my brain. Ya know? I AM the kid who will run home and go to bed when she is done. I can't do that now. I have to wait or ruin people's fun. WHA! hahaha.. I am fine. Everyday is getting better and today is off to the doctor. It will be Sam's first time meeting Dr. Brown! Today at 12 is also the last day of my antibiotics! Sam is making me ask the doctor if I can have beer... there will always be that double standard! He is taking care of his sister.. but come on.. I had a screw put in my ankle I deserve a beer!! They shoulda had a cold Bintang besar waiting for me as they woke me up from my

California Toddler Tripping: The Last Few Days and Home

Here are a few photos and a video from the last few days of our vacation. This was the best family vacation to date. Of course there were tough times traveling with a toddler but we overcame each challenge as a family and amazing memories were made. I feel very lucky and appreciative to have such an amazing life.  AND… one more video: And then… back to the rain :-( We got another patch for Auntie Mary's quilt.