Skip to main content

SpringVegLA2016: Vancouver to Vegas

Day 1: Vancouver to Langley to Kennewick, Washington. 

Stayed in the Super 8 with an indoor pool. Got up and went for a run. It was colder than I thought. I had a t-shirt on. (RunPod was not charged and ran in silence. Saw a gun range, Cannon, Windsor Plywood - pick up trucks... and a beautiful sunrise.) Went back in. Went for a swim and had breakfast. It started raining. Wrote a quick message to Auntie Mary and Uncle Pat: 

Guess what? 

We are in Kennewick. I just got back from a run. I passed a gun range called hole in the wall. I hear uncle Pat, you lived here. Not a bad little hole in wall - wink wink! 

See you in April :-) 

And they responded: 

Hi Paula

Yes we were there for about 18 months.  Significant events included Pat being born in Kadlac Methodist hospital in Richland down the road and your Dad shooting the rattlesnake in the hills.   We lived in the 4700 block Quinualt, my office was in Angus square and Mary sold her Alpine there.  If we were there could give you the tour. Have fun.
See you in Bellingham.
Love 
Uncle Pat and Aunt Mary

Day 2: Kennewick, Washington to Twin Falls, Idaho
Stayed in the Shilo Inn - more swimming! 

Twin Falls reminds me of a song that Lori and I used to listen to: 

Day 3: Twin Falls, Idaho to Ely.. no way!! .. Las Vegas!!! 

We were going to stop in Ely, Nevada - and then take one more day to drive to Las Vegas - but have you seen Ely? Ghost town!! You might not make it out alive in the morning. AND the wind!! There was not swimming in that outdoor pool that looked so nice on your website. So - we booked it and made it to Vegas. We were so HAPPY!!!  (to get out of the car and shake our rumpaaaa!!)

The Tuscany - our marriage hotel - we are back! Here are some pics from the trip so far: 






















































 Fries fix the broken tacks.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Dreaming Summer 2023

VIDEO LINK: Video PHOTO ALBUM LINK:  Photo Album

Ankle Day 13

It costs 30 000Rp for half an hour to use the computer at this hotel! I pay like 2 000 back by my old place. It bugs me that it is so expensive... but I guess I am paying for convenience. I am stuck. I can't run away and I can't do what I want when I want. I am dependent on other people and it is great that I have those people.. but I am so independent.. that it is ... sucking in my brain. Ya know? I AM the kid who will run home and go to bed when she is done. I can't do that now. I have to wait or ruin people's fun. WHA! hahaha.. I am fine. Everyday is getting better and today is off to the doctor. It will be Sam's first time meeting Dr. Brown! Today at 12 is also the last day of my antibiotics! Sam is making me ask the doctor if I can have beer... there will always be that double standard! He is taking care of his sister.. but come on.. I had a screw put in my ankle I deserve a beer!! They shoulda had a cold Bintang besar waiting for me as they woke me up from my

California Toddler Tripping: The Last Few Days and Home

Here are a few photos and a video from the last few days of our vacation. This was the best family vacation to date. Of course there were tough times traveling with a toddler but we overcame each challenge as a family and amazing memories were made. I feel very lucky and appreciative to have such an amazing life.  AND… one more video: And then… back to the rain :-( We got another patch for Auntie Mary's quilt.